This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Manages freight by moving and unloading inbound deliveries; scanning and keying information into the system; identifying, counting, separating, combining, and scanning cases and/or items; pulling merchandise from cases and placing on induct line, conveyor, or in a designated container; packing and preparing items for customer shipment; and placing outbound freight in designated areas.
- Ensures customer order quality by checking invoice for correct item, quantity, and special instructions (for example, gift wrap, gift card, customs form); properly assembling and securing shipping box, including packing material; sealing box/container; and placing correct label on outside of box.
- Maintains work area in accordance with company policies and procedures by organizing containers, equipment, supplies, and freight; moving empty pallets to designated area; and disposing of trash or debris.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs.
- Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Use crossovers to access opposite sides of conveyors.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Communicates effectively in person and by using telecommunications equipment or electronic voice control equipment.
- Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, or in ceiling spaces.
- Works overnight as required.
- Works varying shifts as required.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.