The Credentialed Trainer (CT) is responsible for the integration of systems knowledge, adult learning practices, and education delivery to both non-clinical and clinical ambulatory support staff within the ambulatory health system. The CT is responsible for ensuring users of our Electronic Medical Record System (Epic) and other technologies are properly trained and supported. The CT will work collaboratively with the team in the development of courseware and educational programs for employee development. The CT is primarily responsible for delivering that courseware and educational programs. Additionally, the CT promotes the delivery of high quality, cost effective health care including workflows, proper protocols for documentation within the Epic system. The CT is expected to display a personal passion for educating others; create an engaging learning environment and enhance the end user learning experience through creativity, enthusiasm, and high energy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deliver in classroom training and on-site support; must demonstrate a dynamic presentation style, professionalism, and trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others effectively within and outside the department; actively contributes to morale and teamwork; maintains positive professional relationships with customers at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, both written and oral, as well as presentation skills.
- Participate in assessing, planning, implementing and the evaluation of orientation programs for new and/or existing staff.
- Actively monitors and participate in quality improvement activities to support the best practice standard of work established for ambulatory practices.
- Develop approaches and tools that reinforce learning and enhances the manager's ability to support employee development.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and flexibility in training techniques which reach audiences of varied backgrounds and learning styles.
- Assist in the development of metrics to assess efficacy of learning solutions.
- Collaborate with other educators, Analysts, Information Technology colleagues, and Subject Matter Experts in ensuring delivery of effective, accurate training.
- Responsive and flexible, and open to change in training materials on short notice and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree from an accredited college or university
Minimum Required Experience: Three to five years working in an Ambulatory Care or related field. Demonstrated experience in staff development theory and/or principles of adult learning.
Required License / Certification: Must achieve Epic Credentialed Trainer status within 8 weeks of hire.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.