PM Fleet Mechanic
St. Helens, Oregon
Hudsons Garbage, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a Preventitave Maintenance Fleet Mechanic to join our team in St Helens, Oregon!Â
The Schedule will be. Monday â" Friday 3:00 Pm to 11:00 Pm with Occasional Overtime. Highly Competitive Wage DOE.
Why Join Us?
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Click here to view a âDay in the Lifeâ of our Mechanics:Â http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
Â The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2+ yearsâ experience, that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred, or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus!
- ASE Certifications Preferred, but not required
What we offer to you:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses
- Tool Allowance
Yearly Boot allowances
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Prepaid Legal Plan
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)