Technical Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200190726
As Technical Program Manager for our HW engineering team within the AppleCare organization, you will be responsible for extremely cross-functional program deliverables, schedules, and scope spanning factory, hardware development, software readiness, etc. Our program managers are technically accomplished, organized, personable, and driven, going deep into technical intricacies as partners with multidisciplinary engineering teams, quality & safety teams, vendors and contractors. With your proven experience, you will help drive the conceptualization, design, and execution of the program, as well as recognize, assess, and communicate cross-functional issues and risks. You are a creative thinker who is articulate in your reasoning, assessments, and actions!
- 5 -10 years of industry work experience as a project/program manager in any one or more of the following areas: Software development, New Products, Product Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Ability to deep dive into technical issues including HW & SW development and factory dependencies
- Superior communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking skills
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Detailed project tracking and track record of meeting deliverables
- Experience partnering with cross-functional engineering and integration teams
Lead cross-functional development of program scope, deliverables, time line, and execution. Prepare presentations illustrating project intentions. Coordinate program reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management. Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues. Lead design reviews and approve design milestones and criteria. Coordinate design process to ensure design meets intended project goals. Ensure tight inter-team coordination/communication and end-end visibility.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering is required with MBA preferred. Equivalent experience is acceptable.