Human Resource Manager
American State Bank & Trust - Wichita
The primary purpose of the Human Resource Manager is to provide a broad knowledge of human resources functions. Functions include recruitment and staffing, employee relations, benefit administration, salary administration, employee orientation, development and training, regulatory compliance relative to personnel, pay and benefits, and payroll administration.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides and prepares necessary data for the accurate completion of payroll. Monitors time and attendance, data for payroll preparation and maintains tax reporting prepared by the third party administrator.
- Interviews prospective employees for hourly and salaried jobs, administers pre-employment tests, checks references, processes changes in employee status, and conducts exit interviews. Refers qualified applicants to proper level of management for further screening. Prepares employment offer, ensuring compensation offered is within hiring range for the job grade. May make job offers.
- Administers the organization's benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, vision insurance, group life insurance and other benefits. Consults with and advises employees on their eligibility for these and other related benefits. Maintains benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage. Maintains and distributes plan documents and employee communications relating to benefits. Recommends changes or additions to the program to reflect employee and organization's needs. Assures compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefit programs and prepares and files required legal reports.
- Assists in the administration the organization's compensation plan. Prepares job descriptions and evaluates jobs using established evaluation system. Assists in the administration and development of the annual merit increase plan. Assists in the administration of performance planning and review program.
- Analyzes training needs, develops and administers training plans and procedures, prepares training materials, and conducts or supervises special courses to ensure appropriate levels of training for personnel in operational, supervisory, and management roles.
- Coordinates sponsored employee services and activities designed to enhance employee/organization relationships. Administers employee relations programs, employee communications, EAP, new employee orientation and service award programs. Recommends new programs or changes to existing programs.
- Maintains all personnel files and records for the organization.
Experience: Three to Five years of similar or related experience in Human Resources.
Education: (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. PHR or SPHR in lieu of a degree).
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: A generalist background in personnel administration, compensation, benefits, training, payroll and employee relations. Able to operate a keyboard, and computer as well as various computer applications including Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be familiar with Federal and State laws affecting Human Resources.
PHR or SPHR Certification preferred, but not required.
American State Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8111 E 32nd St N, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67226