SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER
SALARY: $25.00 -$30.00 HOURLY DOQ 30 HOURS WEEKLY
NATURE OF WORK: This position is under the direct supervision of the Behavioral Health Manager.
The Mental Health Counselor will complete assessments and intakes, make appropriate referrals, provide
mental health treatment services and case management on an outpatient basis for individuals of all ages, as
well as provide education to family members and the community at large, collaborate with outside
collaterals as needed, act as a consultant for other providers at the health clinic, monitor compliance with
any court order/s, requirements, probations, etc.
REPRESENTATIVE JOB DUTIES:
1. Assessments, screening, and intake as needed to accommodate individuals’ access to services
2. Makes follow-up referrals for appropriate care coordination.
3. Works closely with all other providers at the Skokomish Health Clinic.
4. Carries a caseload of participants.
5. Establishes effective individual service plans to target participants’ treatment.
6. Provides individual and group psychotherapy.
7. Facilitates family sessions.
8. Provides psychoeducation and consultations for families, community, and other providers.
9. Coordinates case management as needed for open participants.
10. Monitor participant compliance with recommended treatment and make reports accordingly.
11. Establishes and maintains working relationships with outside collaterals (school personnel, social
workers, probation officers, etc.)
12. Completes all clinical documentation in a timely manner in Electronic Health Record (RPMS).
13. Assists with planning and program development. Facilitates presentations and classes.
14. Maintains professional standards as required by state, federal, and local laws and regulations, including
abiding by HIPAA.
1. Master's Degree required in counseling or related discipline.
2. Active Washington State license as a mental health counselor (or licensed independent clinical social
worker, or licensed marriage and family therapist). *Associate licenses will be considered DOE.
3. Experience working with electronic health records.
4. Ability to work varied hours or weekends if/when necessary to accomplish the goals of the behavioral
health services department.
5. Candidate must have an understanding of and sensitivity to the particular problems faced by the Native
6. Must be able to work as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
7. Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR Card or ability to obtain certification within 30 days after
8. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribe’s automobile insurance.
9. Must be able to work in a team environment.
10. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills preferred.
11. The selected candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen test, and a complete
background investigation, including relevant criminal history, prior to employment.
Behavior standards: Respectful, courteous, and friendly to customers, other tribal employees, and tribal leaders. A team player that helps the organization meet its objectives. Takes initiative to meet work objectives. Effective communications with customers and other tribal employees. Gets along with co-workers and managers. Positively represents the tribe maintaining the trust Skokomish residents have place in each of us. Demonstrates honesty and ethical behavior.
CONFIDENTIALITY: The employee will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Violation of this agreement can result in immediate dismissal.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE POLICY: The Skokomish Tribe is committed to providing a drug-free workplace for its employees, volunteers and the community it serves. By Skokomish Tribal policy, this position requires pre-employment drug testing.
PREFERENCE: The Skokomish Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy applies to this position. First preference will be given to qualified, enrolled Skokomish tribal members. Second preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants who provide proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. Applicants not entitled to, or who fail to claim Indian Preference, will receive consideration without regard to ethnic/national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or membership in the tribal organization.
This position is at will and does not create a contractual relationship between the tribe and the