Senior Coating Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 20
Role Number: 200191892
As a member of the Product Design Engineering team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest electronic devices. You will drive the rapid advancement of materials and processes that are the building blocks of our devices. You will work closely with many different cross-functional teams including Industrial Design, Operations, and Reliability.
- MS Chemical Engineering / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering, PhD Preferred
- * 2+ years work experience in wet coatings (inks, photoresists...)
- * Deep technical knowledge of pigments, dyes, resins, and other precursor materials
- * Technical knowledge of various application and deposition technologies (screen printing, inkjet printing, PVD)
- * Experience with thin film failure analysis, reliability testing standards, and new test development
- * Familiarity with basic analysis methods (NMR, GCMS, TOF-SIMS, SEM, AFM, etc)
- * Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques
- * Technical project management experience leading a project from R&D to production.
- * Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
This position within the Alloy Engineering team will participate and lead development projects related to metals, alloys, and materials that will impact future Apple products. Responsibilities will include identifying, developing, and applying new alloys and material solutions for Apple products. The candidate will have experience in applying physical metallurgy principles to materials development, preferably utilizing integrated computational materials engineering and system engineering approaches to alloy design. An understanding of materials processing and manufacturing is also important for this position. Experience with a variety of ferrous, non-ferrous, and reactive metal alloys to assist designers in materials selection for cosmetic, mechanical, and other performance metrics is essential. The successful candidate must posses the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
Education & Experience
MS Chemical Engineering / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering, PhD Preferred