Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role you will utilize your nursing skills and focus on preventative healthcare for seniors in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with seniors, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
We offer a regular schedule 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday and the benefits of working for a Fortune 5 company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of chronic disease management, and have experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting in addition to effective communication skills.
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs a variety of activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel in delivering quality patient care. This position performs all duties within the scope of an LPN, including procedures, injections, EKG’s and phlebotomy.
Office Location: 1901 Haverford Ave. Sun City, FL.
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for each patient prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider 100% of the time
- Screens patients for chief complaint and history for the condition necessitating the visit and records the information in the medical record
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse, including procedures, injections, EKG’s and phlebotomy
- Organizes, cleans and stocks exam rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physician, company standards and policies
- Answers phones, schedules appointments and arranges for patient transportation as needed
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current Practical Nurse License in the State of Florida
- One or more years of related LPN clinical experience,
preferably in SNF setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-10 and
- Computer literacy in word, outlook, excel
- IV certified or willing to obtain within 30 days of
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well
as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus,
Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented
evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Experience with ECW or other EMR
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in
1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face
of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we
specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need
from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage
health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a
drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
Job Keywords: LPN, Clinical Operations, Sun City, FL, Florida