Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Responsible for all related duties and functions of the department, as well as the leadership and development of all employees with a direct reporting relationship
- Ensures that all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines are known and followed.
- Ensures that all required safety equipment is available and used as prescribed.
- Ensures that the highest standards for product quality and service are followed.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Plans, schedules and maintains accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit, and assigns roles for task completion accordingly. Uses electronic data and information systems as required.
- Works with maintenance team, process managers, logistics and production staff to ensure effective utilization of materials, equipment and manpower, verifies that adequate conditions are maintained to facilitate production and actively participates and applies knowledge.
- Prepares and maintains daily department production targets, staff schedules, vacation schedules and attendance, and disciplinary records.
- Working from the facility's production plan, organizes and directs daily production, balances local resources to ensure safe and timely completion of batches, makes certain quality and quantity expectations are met and recommends improvements to production.
- Trains and coaches on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc. Upgrades own skills by attending courses, seminars, etc.
- Resolves minor disputes and facilitates problem resolution as required; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
- Able to perform all departmental duties (mixing, filling, shading, etc) and/or have fundamental knowledge of each department's process in order to assist as needed.
- Conducts employee performance evaluation reviews.
- Assist manager to identify developmental opportunities for hourly staff, routinely assigns stretch goals for employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Require a minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge associated with functional areas, some supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on problem solver.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in both production processes and staff contribution to facility productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-performing, self-directed work teams that strive for continuous improvement in both quality and process accountability.
- Forklift experience and certification training completed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs including (MS Office) programs -- Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Work overtime as needed to meet the needs of the business