Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The role of this position is responsible for new coatings technology and coatings product development
The Senior Scientist will work in a multi-disciplinary team focusing on the novel technology and the next generation of coatings products. Team members will complement each other in their disciplines and their approaches to innovative products. The position offers a career opportunity for the Senior Scientist to grow into higher technical or managerial roles.
- Search new coatings technologies and capture technology trends and new developments in broad industries
- Identify, explore and prove the feasibility of novel product chemistries
- Plans, develops, and implements scientifically designed experiments from feasibility to commercialization
- Monitor and supervise all stages of product development, from lab to production scale up batches
- Collaborate with product development and commercialization groups
- Collaborate with Marketing for new product concepts
- Document inventions and identify Intellectual property potentials
- Collaborate with Procurement to identify and evaluate new and alternate materials
- Manage and train junior chemists
- Ph.D. in chemistry, material science or related field with 5+ years of working experience in coatings formulation
- An expert in the subject area, able to provide technical leadership to all R&D groups
- Ability to prove and develop commercial products from concepts
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, capable of working independently and driving projects to completion
- Capable of managing complex and multiple projects, prioritizing, and meeting timelines
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, using scientific and analytical tools in developing products
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented and highly organized,
- Must possess outstanding communication skills in both oral and written, ability to communicate clearly and candidly the scientific concepts, project status, effectively fostering collaborative relationships at all organizational levels