Sodexo has an exciting new opportunity for a qualified Facilities Engineering/ Operations Manager for a new account in Richmond, California.
The Operations Manager manages the Facilities Hard Services, including Engineering, Operations & Maintenance, and Vendor Management. The role includes the responsibility to safely and efficiently deliver these day-to-day services,_ whether self-performed or managing vendors_. The successful candidate will also be professionally responsible for the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water, and monitoring systems for buildings and services. Sodexo has a strong safety culture; all candidates will be expected to be Safety Leaders.
The facilities are in a refinery, including some outlying buildings; the ideal candidate will have refinery experience.
Our preferred candidates will have successfully demonstrated knowledge in:
- All aspects of facilities management including plant and building operations and maintenance to include knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing
- OSHA and Life Safety requirements
- Managing contract and financial commitments.
- Managing and leading a team of professionals in continuous pursuit of excellence
- Training staff involved in the use or maintenance of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Fostering employee and client relationships
- Regulatory, technical, and safety standards.
- Maintaining dual budget processes
- Executing engineering projects as assigned to meet technical, budget and schedule goals.
- Managing a CMMS systems and processes to ensure 100% reliability of systems
- Preparing and/or reviewing operation, safety, and maintenance procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines.
- Ability to work as a member on cross-functional and self-directed work teams.
- Knowledge of reliability engineering and continuous improvement concepts desired.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety