Interaction Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Role Number: 200192657
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an Interaction Frameworks Engineer to help build frameworks that will drive the next generation of interactive experiences for our platform.
- 5 years experience in software development
- Experience working on developer-facing frameworks or libraries
- Experience developing latency-critical, interactive, UI software
Apple's Interaction frameworks define how users interact with our products. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts the way both developers and customers interact with our products. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. Work closely with human interface designers and internal clients to define and deliver the foundation for the next generation of user interfaces and entirely new interaction models.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- - Swift, Xcode, Objective-C
- - Proficent in C/C++
- - SwitfUI proficiency is a plus
- - Prior experience delivering developer-facing frameworks and system level
- - Broad exposure to UI frameworks (Qt, CoreAnimation, WPF, UIKit, React, AppKit)
- - Ability to diagnose and resolve multithreading and memory corruption issues
- - iOS CPU/GPU Architecture
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace