Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
- The Enterprise Account Technical Consultant (EATC) is responsible for managing the technical relationship between Rockwell Automation and the Automotive Enterprise Accounts.
- The EATC will have strong industry knowledge allowing for effective coordination of the combined resources of Rockwell Automation sales, support and product groups on behalf of the customers.
- The EATC will apply technical skills, engineering methodologies, process knowledge and life cycle support competencies to solve customer problems and create a significant competitive advantage.
- Interaction with customer staff and plant locations worldwide; interaction with the customers key supply chain partners ( OEM's, SI's, etc.) worldwide; communication and coordination of Rockwell Automation sales, support, and business units worldwide.
- Work as a leading team member with the Enterprise Account Managers and Team Leaders to co-plan and prioritize the activities which will generate the greatest value for the customers and Rockwell Automation.
- Work proactively with customers to make product and architectural recommendations. Examples would include: R&D, technical suitability, cost/performance evaluation, technical trends, and migration considerations, proof of concept, configuration testing, customer application assistance, and value proposition creation.
- Responsible for global project coordination. This would include: communications of technical implementation issues, project notification and tracking, OEM coordination and/or conversion and customer support plan development.
- Act as the technical focal point for Rockwell Automation product group interface. Examples include: technical requirements definition, beta site evaluation, BPI, communication/resource coordination related to quality and recall administration.
- Take responsibility of the leadership role in developing process or best practices for the Enterprise Account program. This includes value propositions, market intelligence or other tools that help in promoting Rockwell Automation solutions.
- Working cooperatively with the Enterprise Account Managers. Take responsibility in handling selected commercial issues. Capable of interfacing confidently with the customer at the management level.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of Rockwell Automation core products and systems: Logix control, FactoryTalkView visualization, I/O platforms, communication networks (Ethernet/IP, and other industrial communication protocols), Safety products / Safety Controllers, and related IoT and software products as they relate to the Automotive industry applications are essential.
- Understanding of PTC Thingworx or Vuforia Studio as it relates to Virtual Commissioning and design
- Competency in the fundamentals of branch circuit protection and circuit breaker technologies.
- Experienced in other key technologies, ie. Safety systems, high speed arc-flash detection, arc flash standards.
- Bachelor degree OR 4+ years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Valid driver's licence
- Able to travel 30-40% with some internal travel
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other related technical field.
- Software industry experience
- 7+ years of related experience with recognized technical expertise in Automotive and OEM Industries
- Strong application knowledge and demonstrated program management skills
- Strong communication skills. Written/Oral/Presentation
- Ability to travel globally as needed to support Enterprise account customers.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals at various levels within an organization in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to influence members not under direct control.
- Identification & mitigation of commercial & technical risks.
- Application of Globally accepted Project Management processes.
- Facilitate and document meetings both internally with the Enterprise Account Sales team
- Work with the SA team to develop an Opportunity Pursuit plan
- Support Company focus on high growth areas in Auto/Tire
- Capture, Document and Track Product Gaps associated with Program growth
- Provide expertise to Geography and OEM segments to better support Industry initiatives
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Detroit - Michigan
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).