Sodexo currently has an opening for an Environmental Services/ Custodial Manager to join Sodexo at University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY. This position is for our 3rd shif 11:30pm to 8:00am, primarily M-F, some weekends, and holidays would be required.
Reporting directly to the General Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Manages a team of 15+ employees
- Performs all trash and recycle removal on campus and designated off campus sites.
- Assists with ensuring a safe working environment through campus for all employees.
- Operates vehicles with safe work practices and caution while efficiently transporting waste materials.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in areas of housekeeping services, waste removal, and campus event set-up and tear down.
- Operates Custodial equipment including but not limited to wet/dry vacuums, extractors, buffers, sprayers, auto scrubbers and electric carts.
- Demonstrates willingness to perform at a high level in a team environment.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior Environmental Service /Housekeeping /Custodial/Maintenance experience with strong, proven communication skills and the ability to prioritize service needs. Excellent customer service skills along with coaching, mentoring and team building coupled with an organized leadership style will drive positive results daily.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes vacation, sick time during the first year of employment.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.