CameraSW - Camera Algorithm Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Role Number: 200193189
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world, with billions of photos taken every year. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Smart HDR, Portrait Mode, Night Mode, and Deep Fusion which deliver magical experiences that surprise and delight our customers. The Camera Technologies & Systems team in Camera & Photos team delivers amazing quality photos and videos by combining state of the art computer vision, image processing, and machine learning. As a Camera Algorithm Integration engineer on our team you'll develop, integrate and extend those software pipelines, working side-by-side with the world-class engineers who made iPhone's camera what it is today, and build new great camera capabilities spanning the universe of Apple devices! Whenever you see a "Shot on iPhone" billboard, you see our work; it could be your work too!
- You have 3+ years experience working in a software development team
- You're familiar with common development and debugging techniques, preferably on embedded platforms
- Experience in integrating code with other components on the system
- Experience with embedded platforms/mobile
- You have excellent coding skills in Objective-C, C or C++
- Experience of GPU programming (Metal, OpenGL or CUDA) is a plus
- Strong experience with real time systems and OS.
- You have experience with Unix/Linux systems. MacOS or iOS is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You're hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
If you consider yourself an engaging and highly-collaborative engineer with excellent communication skills, and are comfortable in a dynamic environment, we have a rewarding opportunity for you. We're looking for a strong software engineer to help implement and integrate image processing algorithms in the Camera framework. As part of this integration process, you might also develop code on the GPU. In this role, you will work closely with camera technologies, systems, and frameworks teams making sure we develop and integrate software in the most performant and memory-efficient way.
Education & Experience
MS/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Background in media, graphics, or digital signal processing a plus.