Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an experienced Food Service General Manager 1 to lead our team at CMC Steel in Seguin, Texas.
The General Manager’s, main responsibilities are the daily operation of two full-service cafés serving breakfast, lunch, micro market, Starbucks and catering. The candidate must have food and labor cost control experience, exceptional customer service and leadership skills. Reporting to the Area General Manager, the General Manager will have oversight of 11 employees.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage controls and compliance
- Have high expectations for customer service
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Currently in a leadership capacity
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Strong financial background.
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Polished leadership skills to lead a progressive team of food employees
- Multi-unit food operations background
- Catering experience
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities