You’re excited by the latest culinary trends. You’re a modern, cutting-edge culinarian. Bring your culinary know-how to Indiana State University where you will …_Work in an environment that appreciates your sense of ownership, mentorship and teamwork.
Sodexo is seeking a dynamic Executive Chef 2 to lead our culinary operations at_ Indiana State University. Indiana State University is a public medium sized Mid-western State University with an enrollment of 12,000, mostly first time or urban students. Located on the Wabash River in downtown Terre Haute, just 7 miles from the Illinois border in central west Indiana, this position offers the succesful candidate an opportunity to oversee the robust culinary program of a sparkling brand new AYCE dining facility with nearly 3000 residents. Alongside a team of great professionals, lead the culinary talent to reach higher skills of delivering great food and presentation. The focus of this position is residential dining with limited support to other dining areas - only required during high volume situations.
Relocation assistance is available!
Is this opportunity right for you? The Ideal candidate has:
- College/University food service management experience, preferably in a high-volume resident dining setting;
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends, with a knowledge of special diets, allergens and healthy menu options;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies; and
- high expectations for customer service and quality of food and a passion for food and innovation.
Working for Sodexo:
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.