Warehouse SupervisorPosition Summary
Supervises the Warehouse and Shipping/Receiving employees. Responsible for the orderly and timely flow of material, record accuracy, and safeguarding of materials to ensure that the production plan is achieved. Monitors out-bound freight to keep cost down and ensure quality service is maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize and plan work to assure that members of work groups have assigned tasks and coordinate changes in work schedules due to absenteeism, defective parts, machine failures or similar problems.
- Counsels, provides assistance, and appraises performance of members in the assigned work groups to maintain high morale.
- Accountable for inventory accuracy, and productivity among Warehouse personnel.
- Ensure the timely execution of critical orders being issued/shipped.
- Work closely with the Product and Manufacturing Engineers, Product Planners, and Customer Service to provide timely feedback and problem resolution.
- Responsible for continued improvement through cost reductions.
- Keeps the Materials Manager informed on all matters affecting the groups' ability to complete assigned objectives and participate in the resolution of such problems.
- Responsible for keeping areas clean, organized and ensuring proper safety techniques are being followed.
- Analytics - synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data
- Adaptability/Flexibility - ability to adapt and meet changing needs: open to new ideas.
- Decision Making/Judgment - exhibits sound judgment; displays willingness to make decisions in a timely manner while functioning well in a fast-paced complex manufacturing environment
- Create and maintain a professional environment; demonstrate and promote teamwork.
- Ability to follow directions working from verbal instructions, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comply with the facility's production, quality and safety standards.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative, with the ability to be promptly and regularly at work.
- Ability to work fluctuating work schedules and extensive work hours required by workloads
- Capable of performing a variety of manual assignments/tasks as defined by the critical demands of the job.
- Capable of remembering a variety of items in detail and following written procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or (4) years equivalent of relevant experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with a thorough understanding of the Shipping and Warehouse Departments and scheduling functions.
- Typically requires no previous management experience
- Able to travel
- Ability to communicate clearly and manage interpersonal relationships is mandatory
- Ability to communicate decisions to others and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Previous work experience that has demonstrated leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry products and services.
- Uses intuition and problem- solving skills to develop alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Broad experience base in manufacturing,
- Communication - strong oral, written, and presentation skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and responds to questions giving clarification when needed; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel.
No. of Positions:
Duncan - Oklahoma
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).