Summary/Scope of Position:
Product Manager responsible for Studio 5000 Logix Designer with strong emphasis on being able to gather, define and validate product's requirements with customers and other stakeholders and manage these product requirements through an agile software development process. Also, for the product planning, promotion and product life cycle management.
*This role is located in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, but we will consider remote US Locations as well*
Define product features and capabilities with strong emphasis on delivering measurable customer usability, productivity and lifecycle benefits and business value as per our company strategy. With a strong emphasis on collaborating with other product managers and businesses to deliver the best and easiest-to-use integrated system solution offering possible. Last, but not least, delivered solution must create market differentiation and greater attachment opportunities.
Gather product's customer / market requirements from all global regions and from disparate sources. Collaborate with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to build an idea for a feature, function, or product to address these market requirements and our business objectives. Use this information to create detailed and validated customer centric market requirements.
Manage product requirements through an agile development process, while controlling any changes and effects on the product. When needed, recommend, and negotiate appropriate trade-offs with engineering resources based on priority management.
Act as the representative of the business during development as the functional requirements are developed into a software feature, function or product that will be available to the market.
Provide commercial support for post-sale product issues, including those involving quality.
Provide strong leadership in the execution of projects that involve cross-functional and cross-business teams.
Champion innovation in product line by creating both product differentiation, attachment opportunities and increasing our company intellectual property portfolio, while being a thought leader
Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
Recognized by management and peers as an advisor on issues beyond assigned product line(s) and current business practices. This would include, but not limited to, a good understanding of Rockwell Automation technologies and their application.
A good understanding of Rockwell Automation software development processes, policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct. Trains and motivates others in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such, processes, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, or equivalent. Formal training or demonstrated leadership influence.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Proven Industry experience in Control System design, implementation, commissioning, and support with knowledge of current Rockwell Automation software products
- Ability to convert voice-of-the-customer input and business needs into detailed product requirements and manage those through an agile development process.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and peer business units
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communications and presentation skills and an ability to work within a geographically dispersed team environment to achieve objectives.
- Self-aware, mature, empathetic and excellent listener who can quickly understand and align with customer needs, mobilize to address them, and drive business results.
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).