Join a great team where people are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager, for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a 693 bed, acute care teaching hospital located in Nashville, TN. This person will be responsible for ordering and inventory for this high volume, fast paced environment. This acute care hospital provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, and has been named the “most preferred healthcare provider” in the region.
Position will be responsible for the entire hospital as well as the Children's Hospital. Will oversee a staff of six stock employees and approximately $3 million in volume.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Oversee and place daily orders (food, beverages, nutrition supplies, feeding supplies and equipment, etc.)
- Work closely with vendors
- Assist with proper product placement in storeroom and Coolers
- Proper rotation of all product
- Manage all Floor Stock and Clinic Deliveries
- Computer skills: FMS, TMC, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point
- Organization of stockroom
- Project management
- Sysco Procurement knowledge
- Direct supervision of 6 staff members
- Knowledge of HACCP programs
- General Sanitation
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible to place orders using a purchase ordering system. Orders products and services based on established contracts. May assist corporate procurement to define contract terms. Coordinates delivery times and works to achieve the lowest costs of materials from suppliers with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
- Purchases materials and supplies based on established contracts with manufacturers and other suppliers.
- Coordinates Sodexo purchasing strategies to ensure that the Company is purchasing products/services at the most competitive prices and mark up structure, while accounting for the quality and service level required by the business line.
- Ensures product availability and quality based on account operator needs. Manages inventory to reduce waste.
- Assists with the resolution of product selection, distribution, pricing, cost control, receiving, and inventory control issues.