SoC Power Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200192969
Are you interested in making battery life great on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you feel comfortable working with many cross-functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! In role, you will constantly be challenged to learn Apple's latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with multi- functional teams to the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to improve on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop advanced features. Every ounce of energy you save million of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth!
- Strong understanding of SoC architectures and design
- Understanding of system and silicon power management, including clock dividers and voltage changes
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in SoC power management and be motivated to drive power-performance optimization efforts to improve battery life on iOS/macOS products. This role will require working closely with many cross-functional teams to prototype and explore power management schemes that will differentiate future products. It will also require a strong understanding of SoC architectures, a good sense for system-level analysis, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- - 3+ years of industry experience
- - Experience in system-level power tuning and analysis.
- - Experience working with many cross-functional teams