Firmware Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Role Number: 200195200
Apple's SoC Firmware team is looking for an extraordinary firmware engineer to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core technologies, including Apple designed Memory Subsystem, Security and iBoot HW components, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Software development experience using C and assembly language with ARM CPUs.
- Experience with FPGA development and test.
- Experience in developing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW design teams.
- Exposure to multiple high-level programming languages, including C, C++.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion, Perforce).
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash/shell, Perl, Python).
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments is also valuable.
- Proven ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product against aggressive timelines.
- Strong software debugging skills are critical.
- 4+ years of proven excellence in firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience?
You will partner closely with various team members on activities ranging from processor sub-system design, algorithm development, firmware development to system debug, root cause analysis, and corrective action. You will be developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. We are seeking an individual with firmware, device driver or equivalent development experience. Work with the silicon team to craft specifications for future chips, building software to run on these new chips and boards. Develop drivers for various IP blocks in embedded environments. Work closely with multi-functional teams to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements; coding, debugging and hardware/software integration testing; and communicating results and recommendations.
Education & Experience
BSEE or BSCS required, Master's or PhD desired.