ISCS Pre-Flight Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200194237
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. ISCS iCloud Site Support Engineer Pre-Flight is a support agent who possesses a broad range of experience with iCloud customer issues. It requires advanced knowledge of iCloud and the support tools available to Support advisors. He/She should be familiar with all internal policies and procedures that apply to Support advisors and stay up-to-date as these policies and procedures change. This person should be able to work with Support advisors and iCloud engineers toward resolution of customer issues. This position can be based in Austin, TX or Elk Grove, CA.
- An iCloud Site Support Engineer Pre-Flight should:
- Possess expert-level knowledge of iCloud features, as well as support tools and processes used in supporting iCloud customers.
- Possess the desire and ability to convey compassion through written communication with internal and external customers.
- Modify pre-written customer responses with appropriate tone, grammar, and spelling.
- Be inventive when seeking answers to complex issues and be unafraid to generate creative solutions within the limits of Apple's ability to offer them.
- Possess good judgment when balancing customer happiness with business needs.
- Work cross-functionally with a team approach to accomplishing goals and effectively communicate service concepts and system implications to proposed business practices.
- Participate on special projects as requested.
- Adhere to work schedules as provided by the Apple Scheduling team.
Capture data, analyze, advance, track, and report on issues that affect the different aspects of iCloud and support. Interact directly and independently with Tier 2 advisors, engineers, and functional specialists to understand our business problems and processes in order to bring resolution to issues and identify gaps and areas of opportunity. Contribute to the development of customer support process documents. Perform occasional user acceptance testing for application changes, bug fixes, and new feature implementations associated with iCloud. This position may also include all Customer Service responsibilities and activities required to support our customers. These activities include technical troubleshooting, billing inquiries and resolution, and refunds as well as other post-sales activities and problem solving.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with iCloud and Apple ID and offerings
- Experience with iCloud and Apple ID support tools and processes
- Ability to efficiently work toward resolution of customer issues
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays