Within each of the four Sales Regions within North America, the Regional Business Lead (RBL) is responsible for collaborating with the Rockwell Automation channel sales team and our authorized distributors to implement sales strategies and plans to meet or exceed annual sales growth goals for Rockwell Automation services through our distributor channels. The RBL leads services transformation in their region and associated authorized distributors to adopt and perform the duties and goals of a RA Authorized Services Provider. The RBL provides domain expertise for industries, applications, and technologies relevant to Rockwell Automation services and provides ongoing support to distributor sales engineers in closing orders. The RBL is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships at key Channel Services accounts. He/She is also responsible for identifying customer technical /commercial challenges and engaging appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution. Performance of these duties requires a substantial amount of independent interface with Rockwell Automation customers, our authorized distributors, strategic alliance partners, and business unit personnel.
- Engage distributors to develop specialist and sales team competency, ensures awareness and appropriate knowledge of new and existing services offerings, supports local market-making seminars and initiatives; provides feedback and manages Distributor Performance through Channel Sales team. Works with each assigned distributor to create and execute services business plan to grow at above market growth levels.
- Works within assigned geography to execute the territory business plan through use of a disciplined selling process, focusing on impactful opportunities that align with the territory business plan. The RBL is responsible for identifying target accounts, working in collaboration with the sales team to qualify and close services opportunities, creating and executing strategies for attaching services to hardware/software sales, and creating and executing a sales competency plan. Drives corporately driven contracts across multiple sites. RBL is responsible for collaborating with RA sales, distributors, BU personnel to launch new service offerings successfully within the assigned territory.
- Individual must exhibit appropriate domain expertise of the Rockwell Automation services portfolio, focus industries, and applications within assigned geography. The RBL provides technical expertise for services and is able to provide consultation & technical expertise to customers. The RBL is able to understand and articulate the value the service provides to the client, and can do this with the use of ROI calculators and other available tools.
- In support of Sales Account Managers, individual engages in key accounts and opportunities within assigned geography by providing presentations, demonstrations, and other activities. Is responsible for identifying ways for customers to reduce risks by creating awareness of attached services.
- Is responsible for supporting teaming across assigned region by utilizing unique and creative skills to assist others, leveraging other RBL capabilities, engaging other district resources when appropriate and collaborating with the counterparts to maximize Rockwell Automation content within customer base.
- Understands and supports established business processes and serves as primary liaison between customers and RA channel sales managers by collaborating with business unit resources to resolve commercial/technical issues.
- Assist in developing strategy to improve it. Communicate with the product group in matters of technical and commercial requirements, new services, promotions, and any additional aid required by the assigned geographic area to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct.
- Bachelor Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or Marketing
- Proven track record of success in selling services
- A minimum of five (5) years of related sales, channel or partner management
- Proven Leadership skills to motivate and influence direct and indirect reports to embrace new concepts and solutions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups
- Proven ability to manage multiple internal and external partner relationships while achieving target outcomes
- Self-motivated and self-managed towards objectives
- Firm understanding of Rockwell Automation limited distribution and market access model
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Atlanta - Georgia, Charlotte - North Carolina, Dallas - Texas, Houston - Texas, Little Rock - Arkansas, Memphis - Tennessee, Milwaukee - Wisconsin, Mobile - Alabama, Nashville - Tennessee, Tampa - Florida
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).