You are a strategic, Project Manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo is seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Senior Project Manager for a large pharmaceutical client located in Rahway, NJ. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for 4 key measures of project success: client satisfaction, proactive budget, schedule, and risk mitigation. They will oversee the execution of our customer’s critical infrastructure focusing on MEP projects by leading in project planning activities, managing and driving timelines, and keeping a watchful eye on the budget. Demonstrating a firm but fair leadership style, the Sr. Project Manager will hold project teams accountable to timelines and commitments, ensuring a seamless, successful implementation.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Direct interaction with clients to drive approved scope to implementation success
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients, acting as the eyes and ears of the project, demonstrating the ability to think ahead and anticipate the client’s needs to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ensure project is not over designed and be able to control scope to get most of the budget
- Ensure that all relevant parties have a clear vision of project objectives
- Clearly document and distribute all relevant items for the team, i.e. project meeting minutes and scope of design, project schedule summary, etc.
- Regularly monitor project against budget and flags team when project/timeline/budget deviate
- Ensure that any relevant changes in scope items result in revised documents and an updated approval from clients as needed
- Identify and prioritize risks in risk register document, create mitigation strategy documents, proactively and effectively communicate risks in a timely manner, and manage issues
- Regularly monitor client satisfaction levels, consider feedback carefully, and coordinate appropriate action to ensure client feels heard, supported, and reassured that the project is on track
- Escalate concerns to the management team, as needed
- Maintain a close overall focus on customer satisfaction, quality of service delivery, and proactive communication
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or construction and project management field
- 15+ years of client-facing project management experience required
- 5-7 years of construction management in Critical Facilities, MEP infrastructure field overseeing complex capital improvement projects
- License Professional Engineer preferred
- Knowledge of, and competency in, project management processes including planning, time management, financial management, quality management, risk management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping
- Proven ability to manage internal and external client expectations related to requirements
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize job requirements and effectively manage multiple projects in tandem
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong relationships with clients and build trust with co-workers and clients
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills; Able to communicate to the right audience intentionally and effectively, with appropriate messaging, delivery, and thoughtful timing
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, self-directed business style with strong ability to prioritize
- Flexible and adaptable with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability in using technology to demonstrate and promote programs
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet or similar solution)
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Specifies and coordinates the implementation of a medium-sized project. Responsible for meeting project objectives within quality, time, and budget targets, and for managing associated risks. Typically requires strong technical skills, proven project management experience, and an understanding of the business issues.