Thinking about Engineering or Computer Science as a career choice? Rockwell Automation is looking for aspiring engineers to come aboard an 8 - 10 - week internship journey through the world of industrial automation at our fantastic Mayfield Heights campus near Cleveland, OH. If you are a college-bound high school junior/senior or enrolled college freshman, living around or planning to be in the Cleveland area, are passionate about hands-on learning in a team environment, and would like to pursue engineering or computer science as a career, this may be the perfect summer internship opportunity for you.
Rockwell's Engineering Pathways Program (REPP) is a paid internship opportunity designed to assist passionate students in advancing their careers in technology. REPP provides interns with hands-on exposure to the industrial automation industry and opportunities for talented future engineers. Over the summer, interns will learn about and use Rockwell products, contribute to a hands-on engineering development team project, network with experienced engineers and technical leaders, and receive personalized career/professional coaching and mentorship.
If this sounds like your ideal summer experience and you believe you are a great fit for the program, please submit your application with a well-written cover letter to tell us about your background/interest in engineering and how you believe an internship at Rockwell will prepare you for your future endeavors.
- College-bound high school junior or senior or enrolled college freshman having participated in FIRST Robotics, Project Lead the Way, TEALS, attended Rockwell Engineering Week, or participated in another STEM-based program (hack-a-thon, hour of code, FIRST or others).
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or above
- Students residing in the Cleveland, OH area are preferred
- Candidates must be permanently eligible to work in the US and be able to provide own transportation to work.
- If college-enrolled, active participation in a student engineering organization (ie: Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), or National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE).)
- Preferred majors (or intended fields of study, if not currently college-enrolled) are Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical) and Computer Science (includes Pre-Engineering).
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Leadership experience on campus or in an outside organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; can be depended on to complete a task under minimal supervision
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).