This person reports to the Dean of Career & Technical Education and serves the College & Career Readiness (CCR) Adult Education & Human Resources Development (HRD) needs of the College including all responsibilities for the administration and effective operation of all academic components of the Adult Education program & HRD.
1. Plan, organize, develop, schedule, supervise, monitor, and administer all Ault Basic Education (ABE), Adult Secondary Education (ASE), and English Language Acquisition (ELA) programs including Adult High School (AHS), high school equivalency (HSE) prep, and HRD programs including conducting class visits, directing all course offerings, class schedules, and curriculum preparation.
2. Responsible for all CCR & HRD required reports including the: Annual State AEFLA Plan, FTE, LEIS, Workforce Literacy, NCRC and WorkKeys®.
3. Market and set up on-and-off campus CCR adult education, and HRD classes including correctional classes.
4. Recruit, orient, train, monitor and evaluate all instructors and staff. Interview and recommend part-time instructors as needed, and serve on Interview Committee for hiring of all permanent part-time and full-time CCR and HRD staff.
5. Provide direct supervision and appropriate training and information on policies, procedures, and updates in a timely manner for CCR & HRD staff. Manage personnel issues.
6. Supervise program accountability including intake, and assessment and registration of students to ensure that accurate recordkeeping is maintained and reported.
7. Monitor and evaluate budgets and grants, including the NCRC initiative.
8. Responsible for all contracts and Affiliation Agreements related to CCR adult education & HRD.
9. Conduct or provide staff development opportunities as appropriate or required for all CCR & HRD staff.
10. Serve on internal & external boards and committees; including those of community agencies, community based alternatives for youth, and workforce development. Collaborate with NC Works Career Center and partner agencies, Region C WDB, and McDowell Pipeline partners, including internal partners to utilize the CCR & HRD programs to enhance curriculum programs, new/expanding industry, basic skills, and other continuing education programs.
11. Attend meetings, workshops, and conferences that relate to Adult Education & HRD, and participate in professional development initiatives to improve knowledge and skill base.
12. Inventory and arrange for maintenance of facilities, equipment, and IT needs.
13. Serve as the CCR & HRD contact person for NC Works Center. Serve on the NC Works Leadership Team, and assist in the operation of the center.
14. Oversee administration of WorkKeys® testing, and create ACT curriculum accounts for college, industry or general public students
Bachelor's Degree required with two years' experience in secondary and/or post-secondary education preferred. Must be well-organized and demonstrate adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork by presenting themselves in a professional manner at all times. Management/supervisory experience preferred.
MTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
McDowell Technical Community College recruits employees for all job classes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
McDowell Technical Community College takes affirmative action to employee, and advance in employment, applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
MTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.