Sr. Software Quality Engineer - Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200193372
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we're looking for individuals like you. Media Systems QE team is seeking a self-motivated Software Quality Engineer to ensure a stellar Media Experience across the Apple Ecosystem. This team is a part of the Interactive Media Group (IMG) that provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, AppleTV, HomePod and AirPod/Beats line of Products. We are looking for someone with strong QA experience both in manual testing and automation; excellent interpersonal skills and a dream to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ yrs. experience in developing and executing manual / automated tests
- Proficiency in Python or other OOP languages.
- Quality communication skills in listening, open-mindedness, cohesion and clarity
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Unwillingness to settle for a product that is merely "good enough."
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work accordingly and meet targets.
The QE team ensures our customers have the best experience when they enjoy a movie, capture their life's best moments, FaceTime with their loved ones, and relive their favorite Memories through a curated collection of meaningful photos and videos. In this role, you will create Test Plans, develop manual/automated Functional and Performance tests, execute tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality for Media System Frameworks across Apple's existing and new products.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience
- Creating Tools (Apps, scripts, etc.) to help with validation efforts
- Working with development engineers to debug issues
- Reporting current quality of existing technologies and new features