Work in an environment that appreciates your sense of ownership, mentorship and teamwork.
Sodexo, a leader in quality of life services is seeking an Executive Chef Manager for Children's Hospital, in Minneapolis, MN. Children's Hospital is an award-winning health system ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S News & World report.
The Executive Chef will manage all culinary activities for food and nutrition services with a team of 7 cooks. The ideal candidate will be approachable and empathetic as this role interacts frequently with children and their parents.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Executive Chef we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day culinary operations;
- deliver high quality food for patient services;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans; create a positive environment; and ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: garnishing, panning charts, production, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
The ideal candidate:
- has at least 2 years of work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in food safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- creative and effective problem-solving and project management skills;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits;
- has a high level of energy and outgoing personality to engage a diverse group of children
Learn more about Children's Hospital at Children's MN.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.