UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of this job is to supervise and train External Distribution Channel (EDC) Agents and/or Territory Agent Managers who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. The EDC Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales/membership growth targets through the agents in their territory/territories within TX Counties: Hidalgo, Willacy and Cameron.
If you are located within commutable distance from Rio Grande Valley, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the EDC Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Act as a liaison between EDCs and UHG sales process owners to ensure EDCs are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Partner with the Community Developer (CD) and Sales Director (SD) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Facilitate engagement of EDCs in executing these plans and ensure that EDCs appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Compliance: Ensure EDCs adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations and company policies and procedures
- Organize activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Conduct ride-alongs to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Coach/develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Provide a structured certification process, training processes and the available systems tools
- Coach and manage performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned EDCs have to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Continually build and nurture EDC agents
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State health insurance license or willing to obtain license within 60 days of hire
- 5+ years of sales experience in insurance or financial services industries
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Reliable vehicle, driving record in good standing and appropriate insurance
- Ability to travel up to 75% time within assigned sales market
- Live within commutable distance to the Rio Grande Valley market (Hidalgo county, Cameron county and Willacy county)
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Medicare Advantage, DSNP or managed care sales experience
- Prior experience supervising Medicare External Distribution Channels and/or Medicare Territory Managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicare Agent Manager, Bilingual, Medicare Agent, Medicare Sales, Agent Manager, External Distribution Channel, EDC, Medicare Broker, Insurance Sales, Rio Grande Valley, McAllen, Harlingen, Brownsville, TX, Texas, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote