Sodexo is currently seeking two Manager, Supply Management professionals to work flexibly from a remote home office and occasionally at the office in Gaithersburg, Maryland. These roles are responsible for the management of purchasing contracts for snacks & beverages.
The ideal candidates should possess a supply management background, negotiation skills along with the ability to understand financial statements, data-based information systems, the ability to participate in an RFP process, to communicate within all levels of the organization and an understanding of logistics and retail/consumer packaged goods’ environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the team in budgeting and forecasting of category supply chain revenue, analysis of spend to identify opportunities within non-contracted areas and ensuring a strategic sourcing process is followed. Support and develop initiatives to achieve financial objectives in delivering value to the organization (e.g. cost reduction).
- Participate in Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Pricing (RFP) events, including preparation of bids, evaluation of bid proposals, and pricing negotiations. Use of dedicated e-sourcing tools will happen.
- Manage Supplier Agreements that deliver value to market segments, including best price, service, quality and conditions, while also aligning to the organizational goals. Ensure suppliers compliance with Sodexo’s processes, data reporting and account receivables; support resolution of program challenges when they occur.
- Manage supplier relationships through regular Business Reviews to ensure compliance with supply agreement terms and conditions and to strategize on new opportunities that deliver value to the organization.
- Promote procurement programs that support Sodexo’s corporate initiatives including Supplier Diversity and “Better Tomorrow” sustainability goals.
- Experience with supply chain procurement contracts or processes.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Understanding of contract terms, including but not limited to Insurance and Indemnification, termination clauses, audit provisions, and federal laws
- Working knowledge of RFI and RFP processes, and scope of work generation to ensure an accurate bid response from qualified bidding parties.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong supplier relationships that benefit the purchaser and the supplier.
- Expert skill level with Excel Spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with e-sourcing tool is a plus.
- University degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental supply chain theories, principles and concepts.
- Knowledge / Experience with retail, CPG, vending areas are a plus.
Responsible for the execution of category strategies whilst maintaining compliance to company policy and standards and mitigating all risk. Engages the different stakeholders within the country to collaboratively develope categories through implementation of vendor contracts. Contributes to the developing the category strategies. Under guidence from the category director, play a key role in the negotiation and management of national contracts for specific product lines. Identifies opportunities for reducing the total cost of product to the segments. Seeks direction from Category Directors, Segments, on purchasing strategies to be employed . Manages contracts with multiple manufacturers as delegated. Under general supervision, manages the entire process to solicit and analyze competitive proposals or bids, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, financial analysis, solicitation of input from the segments, engagement of the program activation team for the award and communication throughout the organization.