The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking an Information Technology Analyst II, who will primarily be responsible for support and development of Appellate Applications.
The successful candidate must be able to analyze, design, code and test complex to highly complex software applications and reports, including business intelligence packages and have the ability to lead a technical team by providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff in order to move projects forward. The selected candidate is also required to work with DBAs and Web Admins to configure, install and troubleshoot web applications and provide support for production issues.
Developer skills required include proficiency in Visual Studio 2015 or above, ASP.NET, TFS, HTML5 and CSS, including responsive design principles. Proficiency with SQL Server including the ability to write and debug ETL packages, create stored procedures, create and modify table structures and relationships as well as normalize data is required. Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) would be a plus.
Qualified candidates must be proficient with:
- Visual Studio/TFS
- SQL Server 2012/2016 databases
- Create, modify and debug Web applications and Services
- Web UI design principles
Proficiency with SQL Server including the ability to:
- Create, Modify and Debug Stored Procedures
- Create and Modify Table Structures and Relationships
The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written with a collaborative approach to work in a close team environment. Ability to work effectively with all levels of technical and non-technical staff and management is necessary.
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience in the specific functional area of software development: analyzes, designs, codes and tests moderately complex software applications, data and reports including business intelligence reports; configures and installs application packages; writes technical program specifications and technical systems specifications; troubleshoots and supports production issues; entry level task coordination in support of project management.
Starting salary $83,403 - plus State of Connecticut benefits.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I level or its equivalent.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
Please reference posting number #20-4000-012