Cellular Embedded RF Driver Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 2, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196142
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- At least 2-3 years experience with embedded cellular SWW programming
- Highly motivated and self-directedExcellent skills in low-level programming expertise using C++, C and assembler, embedded systems proficiency, limited and shared resources
- Experience with control of RF transceiver and RF front end components for 4G/5G data path processing.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles in context of low level driver programming
- Proficiency with debugging in embedded software systems and capable of performing debug experiments to root cause issues systematically
- Sound knowledge of communication theory, Wireless standards, Radio architecture and Interfaces. Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
Apple's Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. We are passionate about keeping our users connected 24/7 wherever they go. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Are you equally passionate about cellular technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies? Then we are looking for you. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.