Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible to drive and coordinate daily activities of the production process through the manufacturing & process leads. The supervisor is also responsible for removing production constraints, allocating human and equipment resources, and directs production employees to attain all production goals. Additionally, the incumbent actively participates in root cause analysis and corrective action implementation to remove production constraints and continuously improve product quality and efficiency of production.
- Supervisor must direct/coach/motivate the leads to ensure and enforce that all employees are working safely and adhering to all safety and environmental policies and regulations.
- Must see the safety of all employees as the prime initiative within the facility.
- Ensure leads are following up on all quality processes and monitor operators for adherence to these process and policies.
- Must hold each individual accountable to quality of work and standardization of work.
- Recommend potential projects/solutions/actions to the production manager to improve quality of service and increase efficiency of department.
- Manage an effective 5S continual improvement system for the production areas.
- Review, write, interpret, and train others on documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must measure and report the effectiveness of the production department goals and activities using Aptean.
- Must work with Continuous Improvement lead in the development of SOPs for all operations in production department.
- Responsible for production achievement for daily attainment and delivery.
- Must continually adjust resources within the production department to meet set cost standards such as measuring and effectively improving the OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Must effectively manage employees across all departments on shift, including leads, to drive production goals and meet/exceed performance expectations.
- Must embrace the culture of Lean Manufacturing, including maintaining daily communication boards within all departments.
- Work closely with scheduling department to effective load the production equipment.
- Provide effective employee leadership through ongoing mentoring, coaching, performance management and training.
- Associates degree with 5 years' experience in a supervisory role or preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related technical area with 3 years' experience in a supervisory role.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of paint or chemical processing is desirable.
- Knowledge of continuous operating packaging or filling equipment is desirable.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills
- Lean Manufacturing skills
- Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated
- Proven results through the development of team implemented cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
- Proven problem solving and excellent communication skills are required. Prefer experience with SAP ERP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Occasional travel is required (15%)
For information on our benefits offerings please click here