Do you enjoy recruiting great talent? Are you a talented recruiter who can hunt, mine and source for exceptional employees?
Sodexo, North America's leading provider of contract management services, is seeking an HR Manager-Recruiter for University of Texas Medical Branch, located in Galveston, TX. The selected candidate will be responsible for the full recruitment life cycle for frontline positions within 4 UTMB-Health Campuses (Galveston, League City, Clear Lake and Angleton.This position will sit at the Galveston unit and will work closely with unit management teams to ensure a consistent and efficient recruitment process is upheld to attract and on-board talent.
As the HR Manager-Recruiter, you will be responsible for networking locally to source new frontline staff, creating relationships with community groups and local schools, and participating in career fairs and networking events to establish a pipeline of candidates across the market.
He or she will interview prospective employees for our frontline positions which include cooks, food service supervisors, cashiers, dishwashers, custodial, patient transport, etc. Additionally, the Recruiter will create employment advertising, develop and execute sourcing plans to reduce turnover, and refer applicants for job openings. He or she will administer pre-employment screening, check references and shepherd candidates through the application process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Conduct market research and develop new sources for talent by cultivating relations with industry leaders in culinary, labor professional communities and state workforce agencies.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies and recruitment plans to build a pipeline of talent to fulfill frontline staffing needs in a geography
- Create, monitor and manage job requisitions in applicant tracking system
- Screen applications and conduct phone and in-person interviews of potential candidates
- Publish job ads on career pages, job boards and social media
- Make recommendations to company hiring managers
- Performing reference and background checks
- Coordinate interviews with hiring managers
- Follow up on the interview process status
- Communicate employer information and benefits during the screening process
- Conduct job fairs and represent Sodexo at community job outreach events
- Serving as a liaison with area agencies, colleges and industry associations
- Creating employee personnel file and initiate new hire paperwork
- Provides field HR managers and field staff with relevant statistical information
- Coordinate and support onboarding activities with new hires through the life cycle until permanent placement in-unit is established
- May perform special projects related to frontline recruitment and staffing
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior 3 years of experience recruiting in high-volume staffing environment with a focus on high level customer service is preferred.
- Previous experience with HR systems: ADP; BALANCEtrack; ICIMS, Employee Data CRM systems
- Microsoft Office; Outlook – email and calendar
- Experience with other recruitment platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, Social Media
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.