United Natural Foods, Inc. is the leading independent national distributor of natural, organic, specialty foods and related products in the United States; we are currently seeking 2nd Shift Warehouse Order Selectors to join our Iowa City team.
COMPENSATION: Earn a minimum hourly wage of $16.24 to start, $16.79 at 6 months, and $17.64 at 1 year anniversary. Additional earning potential through our incentive program!
SCHEDULE: Sunday, and 3 additional days during the week, 11:00am - 9:30pm. Closed on Saturday.
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, pick locations, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues
- Enters the proper information into the productivity measure
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area
- Immediately informs a supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment
- Operates pallet jack in a safe and efficient manner
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned
- Selector functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed
- Deadlines are met.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department
- Astute, close attention to detail
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes
- Candidates must be 18 years of age, able to lift up to 50 pounds (30 pounds on a regular basis), and previous warehouse experience is preferred. A post offer background check, drug screen, physical and lift evaluation is required.
Click apply now to apply via email today!