Apple Media Products - Manager, Big Data Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200197017
- Experience in leading or managing engineers.
- Proficiency in high level programming languages such as Scala or Java.
- Proficiency working with relational databases like Oracle and document databases like Cassandra.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with Hadoop related technologies and streaming solutions like Kafka.
- Experience in developing large scale data (ETL) platforms, pipelines, warehousing, mining or analytic systems.
- Experience with Spark would is desired.
- Ability to understand and explain complex systems.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
Apple is seeking a hands-on data engineering manager with a passion for large amounts of data and analytics. You will be an experienced software engineer who has transitioned to leading individual engineers and delivering Internet-scale engineering solutions. This manager will develop a team of data engineers within Core Data, which is part of the Analytics Engineering organization within Apple Media Products (AMP), home to the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and more. This is a unique opportunity to form a new engineering team and make a significant impact to how Apple delivers analytics solutions for some of the most compelling big data in the world. You will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the future of data engineering at Apple. This position involves hiring and leading a data engineering team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using modern big data technologies. Successful candidates will have strong leadership, engineering skills, and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or masters degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Apple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.