iOS / watchOS Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200191233
Join a great team responsible for apps and frameworks that help users discover features of their iPhone, iPad, and Watch devices. Our team has created and develops cutting edge intelligent content delivery frameworks that help Apple customers learn and make the most of the software and devices they own. Our team works closely with core OS and system apps teams to improve discoverability of the features they craft. We are looking for an experienced iOS / watchOS Frameworks Engineer to continue enhancing the capabilities of our user education framework.
- Strong iOS and watchOS applications development experience and architectural knowledge.
- Strong Objective-C or Swift coding skills
- Experience with SDK development and API design
- System programming experience with daemons, frameworks, multithreading, and IPC/XPC.
- Performance analysis and tuning experience, including memory usage, CPU utilization, Power/Battery usage, leak checking, etc.
- Experience with SW engineering best practices: Test Driven Development, Code Reviews, Agility
- Team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and ready to work with a diverse team.
- Highly professional, self driven, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
As a frameworks engineer on the Instructional Products Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing internal developer-facing features and implementing the programming interfaces used to intelligently deliver instructional content. You will be extending the capabilities of the frameworks with many opportunities to design new, innovative APIs that will improve ability of system apps and services to educate users about new features. Additionally, you'll connect with Apple's world class human interface team, as well as regularly work with our instructional designers, graphic designers, and localizations teams. You will be responsible for: Developing and enhancing a set of frameworks & daemon that other teams will leverage to deliver timely relevant contextual instructional content. Working closely with data scientists, privacy engineers, and others to design instrumentation that is privacy-friendly, meets business requirements, and scales well. Providing design guidance, technical support, and engineering expertise to teams across the Software organization that are using our software. Performing code reviews on PRs from team members in a timely and thorough manner We are looking for an engineer who has: Previous experience writing and maintaining applications, frameworks, daemons, libraries, unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests. Solid analytical skills and debugging experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of JSON, HTTP, TCP, SSL, networking, and integrations with web services
- Understanding of threading and Cross-Process Communication
- A keen sense of how to build robust frameworks and APIs
- An commitment to refactoring code into reusable components and enjoy helping others use those components
- Previous experience in writing and debugging complex frameworks
- Experience not required but helpful:
- Data Science / ML