Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. For more than 130 years has been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape, creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
We are currently looking for a Chemist in our Flanders, New Jersey facility. You will work as a member of the Interior Coatings Team with a focus on interior architectural products both on the premium and professional side, blending experience with new technology to move products into the next generation of coatings.
- Initiate, design, and execute multidimensional and staged experiments
- Extensive knowledge of competitive and industry playing field
- Knowledge of formulation tools, techniques, performance metrics and manufacturing processes.
- Plans and supports plant scale ups
- Manage several projects concurrently
- Support resolution of Quality, Procurement and Manufacturing issues
- Maintain laboratory and equipment
- Provide direction and training to team members
- Participate in learning and capability building initiatives in Product Development
- Professional development through continuous learning
- Adhere to all laboratory safety guidelines
Required Skills and Education Requirements:
- BS Chemistry or related science; 8+ years of experience
- Strong people and cross functional team management skills
- Exhibits & fosters team behavior within & outside the laboratory
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Possess good analytical problem solving skills to make timely & accurate decisions
- Working knowledge of project management tools
- Clear & concise record keeping
- Understanding of local, state & federal regulations relating to VOC's and hazardous chemical