Sodexo is seeking a Senior Director, Marketing Research and Insights to support and accelerate market analysis and strategy
for Corporate Services - NorAm.
This is a virtual position. Candidates should be based on the East Coast
in any US location within proximity to a major airport.
The Senior Director, Market Research and Insights will _enable sustainable business growth through building and maintaining an insights driven culture, to be the ‘voice of the consumer and client’ in the business and objectively measure performance. They will lead on the collection, production & analysis of client, consumer, market, competitor and service line insight that can influence and improve decisions, processes and initiatives and enhance Sodexo’s positioning for Corporate Services in the North American market. This individual will be responsible for developing objectives, programming, deploying, and analyzing research studies. A key responsibility of this role will be to synthesize reliable and actionable insights from research outcomes and data. The individual must have strong primary/secondary research and technical expertise, project management skills and demonstrate aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support and manage end-to-end research design, execution, analysis and presentation of recommendations for studies that address the customer journey and key strategic objectives.
- Analyze research data and insights that meet project objectives. Present clear, concise research findings to business unit partners utilizing strong strategic thinking and impactful visualization.
- Understand and be the voice of the customer and end-user, gathering and using insights to optimize product offerings and services
- Develop the right process, methods and tools for collecting and incorporating market insights into business strategy and execution.
- Select and manage external research vendors that perform key strategic research studies as well as monitor panel selection.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience in marketing, insights and consumer journey mapping experience and/or experience design;
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills;
- Task management, project management and highly organized;
- Superior communication and presentation skills;
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast paced, matrix-ed environment;
- Executive presence - dynamic professional with personal initiative, business savvy;
- Problem solving aptitude - the ability to understand, articulate and execute marketing/business strategy and critical client objectives;
- The ability to work independently without a large team to drive results;
- Strong computer and operating systems experience;
- Proven success conducting research, interpreting consumer insights, understanding consumer behaviors, identifying pain points and industry consumer trends across all service offerings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, market research or statistics, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years at a market research firm/agency, research vendor or overseeing consumer insights in-house
- Strong proficiency in analytics, customer journey mapping, brand positioning, segmentation and visualization of insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to share findings across leadership levels
- 7-10 years of marketing research experience with an emphasis in insights and business strategy;
- Strong computer and marketing software experience;
- Best in class presentation skills, with extensive PowerPoint experience;
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and shifting workloads;
- Proven success in market research, interpreting consumer insights, understanding consumer behaviors, identifying client pain points and industry consumer trends.
Learn more about _Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Marketing positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. _Continue your search for Marketing jobs_.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for leading the marketing function in a territory for a segment. Directs all offer development, offer deployment and merchandising activities for assigned area in Corporate Services.