You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is seeking a Human Resources Manager 3 for Sodexo's food & fascilities operations at the United States Marine Corps located in Oceanside, CA.
The successful candidate will:
- Recruit and Onboard frontline hires utilizing Sodexo’s onboarding & payroll systems;
- Possess knowledge of state and federal HR laws;
- Have experience working in a union environment;
- Maintain active and terminated employee files;
- Coordinate and conduct Sodexo and Hospital required monthly training;
- Communicates in a clear, effective and respectful manner at all times;
- Consistently exhibit business maturity and professionalism;
- Possess excellent customer service skills related to phone conversation and composition of email responses;
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills;
- Work well independently and as part of a team;
- Understand and respect sensitive and confidential information;
- Has excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as the ability to learn additional computer programs as needed;
- Complete special projects based on business needs regarding human resources data and analysis;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage competing priorities and meet time demands;
- SCA experience a plus.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are:
- fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Teams) and Smart Sheet;
- able to create and facilitate training utilizing webinars;
- detailed oriented, flexible, and have ability to manage multiple priorities; and/or
- have excellent organization, communication and project management skills.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.