The Applied Analytics Engineer is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Rockwell Automation training programs in the fast-growing space of Information Software, which include Analytics Visualization, Performance Monitoring, Machine Learning, and Manufacturing Execution as part of our ongoing technical training and early career technical training programs. This individual will be primarily responsible for designing and delivering curriculum that ensures RA technical resources can position, deliver, and support projects that enable site level information gathering, analytics, visualization, and decision making. The primary focus will be on technologies in the FactoryTalk Analytics software portfolio and other underlying technologies such as the InnovationSuite products which span deployment from the edge to enterprise levels and drive IT/OT convergence. The individual should have a passion for training and demonstrate the ability to work cross-culturally in diverse and changing environments.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of control theory, machine learning, as well as exposure to tradition IT workflow concepts, like DevOps and database management for the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of edge to enterprise information software. They should be able to leverage their product, application, and commercial expertise to enhance the learning environment for the variety of audiences served by RAU globally. The ideal candidate will be able to talk about these products technically, but also commercially to translate value in the context of a sales-based environment. They will design and develop technical training courses and modules through the creation of curriculum, objectives, lessons, and labs that enhance the technical learning, while following a standard course design process. The position requires travel both domestically and to global locations, a desire to continually develop their technical expertise, and provide technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to engineers.
- Create exceptional technical training content for wide variety of various audiences in a variety of formats
- Provide expert instruction of internal competency training classes on related technologies
- Provide field and remote support for customer applications, including applications implementing newly released products, complex applications, and new product applications experiencing product problems/deficiencies
- Provide technical consultation and instructional support for team
- Develop application notes, procedures, and tools to enhance audience capabilities
- Assess global product and technology support requirements and gaps. Create and deliver global competency development programs with Team Leads and RAU
- Perform supporting functions/tasks as assigned by manager
- Stay current in respective technology and applications
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science (or related) in engineering, computer science, or Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Rockwell Automation information software technologies
- Strong technical experience with manufacturing information software
- Basic instructional design skills (identifying tasks)
- Proficient content development skills, including identify proper flow to teach technical concepts, proper use of grammar and vocabulary, and generating visuals (images, videos, etc) to use in courseware
- Knowledge of and ability to use best practices of instructor led training in both an in-classroom and virtual environment; coach others on best practices
- Ability to present and communicate (written and verbal) to various levels of the audiences
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, details, and moving parts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a tea
- PTC / IIOT: Knowledge of PTC Vuforia, PTC ThingWorx, FTAnalytics (DataFlowML, Edge, DataView), and basic information modeling
- Experience coaching others and handling difficult conversations with a wide variety
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).