$1000 Referral Bonus!
(Job Number: ASO01480)
Akima Support Operations (ASO), provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia, ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The Quality Control Manager manages the Quality related project activities and associated functions. Responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, continual improvement, and management of the Quality Control (QC) Program and Quality Management System (QMS) IAW ISO 9001. Ensures acceptable quality control practices are implemented and maintained for delivery of quality work and services throughout the project. The Quality Manager understands and applies ISO concepts, principles, and requirements. The Quality Control Manager also is responsible for understanding and ensuring compliance with the Government QASP. Performs as acting maintenance manager in the absence of the assigned manager; oversees and directs the material maintenance work force for repair/replacement of components and end items during all scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, implementing, and continually improving a compliant Quality Management System (QMS) IAW ISO 9001 within all departments on the project. This includes evaluating and continually monitoring, auditing, and analyzing to validate effective implementation and operation of the QMS.
- Evaluates the overall performance of all departments based on ISO requirements, statutory and regulatory requirements, PWS (contractual) requirements, and QMS requirements. Develops/refines standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions, quality training events, and other documents to enhance functions and to increase compliance of ISO.
- Develops and implements an internal audit program and evaluates audit findings and results. Coordinates with department managers and supervisors for completion of Corrective and Preventive Action Reports (CARs and PARs) IAW applicable procedures. Monitors and assists with resolving corrective and preventive actions as necessary.
- Performs independent analysis, determines scope and course of action required, and develops plans to resolve problems. Conducts analysis and review of problems to determine root cause. Also identifies areas for improvement and initiates Opportunities for Improvement (OFIs) IAW applicable procedures.
- Conducts process and product measurements and analysis IAW ISO 9001. This may include developing performance measurements and metrics that include charts, graphs, reports, etc. Collects, evaluates, and analyzes data to determine performance trends. Assesses whether the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives are being met.
- Acts as maintenance manager, as needed; executes work scheduling and procedures to ensure most efficient use of resources.
- Evaluates Maintenance GCSS-Army reports for performance trends, indicators and potential problem areas. Initiates actions/corrective actions to resolve problems and prevent delays in production.
- Conducts semi-annual or upon request inventories of government furnished equipment (GFE), government furnished property (GFE), and contractor acquired property (CAP), maintains a current listing and documentation, and provides reports (CD-04) to the Client.
- Acts as liaison with the Government Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and Quality Assurance Evaluators (QAEs) to resolve problems identified through Government evaluations. Evaluates, investigates, assists with corrective actions, and tracks Government evaluations and findings. Monitors and ensures timely resolution of problems.
- Schedules and coordinates management reviews and other meetings to review and assess overall project performance. Coordinates collection of data and data analysis to determine trends and potential areas for continual improvement of performance.
- Evaluates customer comments and assists with the resolution of customer complaints. Assesses and analyzes overall customer satisfaction.
- Develops, manages, and oversees the project’s metrics collection and evaluation. Develops and recommends training programs to enhance operations.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
Computers, software products, printers, and a working knowledge of a variety of test equipment used by the Quality Assurance Auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the technical trades or equivalent military training desired. Degree in Formal training in business/personnel management desirable.
- Civilian, Military (desired), or Industrial Engineer training in Quality Assurance/Quality Control IAW MIL-Q-9858, MIL-STD-105E, or ISO 9001 standards is desirable.
- Six Sigma training and practical experience desired.
- A minimum of six to eight years of general experience in professional management, investigative skills, technical skills, financial skills, or other responsible work in providing quality control of services in support of specified logistics, and maintenance missions.
- Five years specialized experience in progressively responsible positions in the DOD encompassing the following: understanding of program planning, data collection and analysis, and quality control techniques.
- Broad knowledge of the organization and procedures of a variety of logistics and maintenance functions to include supply, transportation, fire control, combat vehicles, automotive and electronics equipment.
- Must have specific knowledge of AR 750-8 (The Army Maintenance Management System), Standard Army Maintenance System (SAMS), and Global Combat Support System ARMY (GCSS-ARMY)
- Experience in ISO 9001 is highly desirable.
Specialized Areas of Performance:
In addition to experience shown above, experience in other business areas such as government contracts, financial analysis, team building, and operational dynamics may be of added value.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Work is generally conducted in an office or maintenance/transportation bay environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
- Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with OSHA, EPA, CDC, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Freedom to Act:
Reports to the Project Manager for operational matters, and functions independently with direct access to the company president.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.