Position can be located in NJ, NYC-NY, DE, Philadephia-PA
The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies, and procedures as appropriate for this position
This position will require the ability to travel throughout the service areaProvide customer support through Remote Support (Phone, Vulfira Chalk, etc.) overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and system
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500,5000, FactoryTalk Studio software.
- HMI application development utilizing RSView32, RSView ME/SE FactoryTalk View SE/ME software.
- Experience with EtherNet networking and EtherNet Switch configuration
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Baltimore - Maryland, New York - New Jersey, Philadelphia - Pennsylvania
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).