Display Investigation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 7, 2020
Role Number: 200197881
Apple is looking for Display Investigation Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual is responsible for delivering a fully validated display system to support Apple product in mass production.
- Proven track record in the design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic materials and devices.
- Expertise in the electrical and optical performance validation of optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in active matrix flat panel displays strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics, and fabrication processes.
- Deep understanding of display technologies, including performance evaluation, construction, process development, touch, coatings.
- Knowledge and experience of optical modeling preferred.
- Excellent project management & communication skills.
- Hands-on experience/capability to work with electronic/optical test equipment, R&D lab set-up, and lab maintenance.
- Creative mindset
- Self-motivated, independent
- High attention to detail
Manage display suppliers as primary technical contact. Support display validation activities to ensure key milestones are met. Create display performance specifications based on system requirements. Deep understanding of optical design and optimization of electro-luminescence device. Establish optical/electrical test setup to characterize electro-luminescence device and display panel.
Education & Experience
PhD in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or Material Science Engineering, or MS with minimum 5 years experience.