Pensacola Regional Medical School Campus – College of Medicine
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
- Coordinate recruitment and credentialing of Pensacola campus community clerkship faculty; review applications and CVs for medical specialty and board certification; verify licenses, board certifications, and clear disciplinary record of physicians; identify candidates with atypical circumstances to campus administrator; track and route faculty appointments through approval process; input appointments into university systems; collect credentialing data and compile monthly recruiting reports; communicate with applicants on status and items required; and verify and approve teaching payments for clerkship faculty. Responsible for the re-credentialing of clerkship faculty to be sure they have met the reappointment requirements. Coordinates requests for promotion of clerkship faculty by tracking requests through the review process and communicating status to faculty.
- Processes all purchase orders, ensuring documents are prepared, signed, distributed and processed meeting deadlines in accordance with Florida State University policies and procedures. Responsible for preparing, compiling and maintaining records used to track purchasing activity. Responsible for procurement of office supplies, preparation of requisitions in OMNI and tracking delivery of items. Monitors invoices requiring payment. Receives items in OMNI and processes invoices for payment. Communicates directly with vendors and sales representatives during the procurement process. Processes Foundation deposits and disbursements. Monitors the Foundation Electronic Gift Transfer (EGT) process for select faculty. Verifies rotation completion for payment processing and confirms rotation payments with Regional Campus Clinical Coordinator for community faculty. Maintains related files needed for accurate and timely community faculty payments.
- Provides assistance with the administration of the College of Medicine regional campuses and Immokalee to the Sr. Associate Dean. Maintains an awareness of all regional campus functions and activities. Responsibilities include assisting with the development and distribution of written materials and communications to the Regional Campus Deans and Assistant Directors to include proposed policy changes, new policy/procedure development, third and fourth year curriculum redesign, Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) issues and other areas related to the regional campuses as a group.
- Provides direct assistance to the Pensacola Regional Campus Assistant Director in support of regional campus staffing activities to include hiring, reappointment and termination of faculty and staff; submission of job advertisements to COM Administrative Services; the campus recruiting/interview process; and employee time/leave entries in OMNI ensuring proper submission by required deadline.
- Supports Pensacola Regional Campus faculty development activities and meetings, preparation of participant handouts, catering arrangements and event logistics. Assists with event logistics throughout the year for meetings, dinners, graduation, etc. Duties include maintenance of mailing lists, preparation of invitations, name tags and serving as main point of contact for RSVP's. Will be required to work evening and weekend hours as needed to facilitate events.
- Runs occasional errands to local businesses to facilitate events (catering, etc.) requiring the operation of a motor vehicle. Assists the Assistant Director with the scheduling and preparation of meeting materials for the FSU.Com/West Florida, Inc. Board of Directors, the COM Regional Deans' Committee and maintenance of appointment information on community board members. Promotes an atmosphere of team work in accomplishing the mission and goals of the Pensacola Regional Campus to include participating in the delivery of support services for special projects, scheduled events or in meeting key deadlines.
- High school diploma/equivalent and four years of experience, or a combination of post-high school education and experience equal to four years.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience gathering, interpreting, reporting, and/or editing information.
- Experience performing accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Experience performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Experience working in an office.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent software.
- Valid FL or GA Driver's License or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Experience preparing and monitoring budget information.
- Experience with event planning. Ability to coordinate, organize, and/or evaluate meetings and/or events.
- Knowledge of collection and/or cash handling procedures and ability to perform monetary transactions.
This position is located in Pensacola, Florida.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
This position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.