Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Outpatient Registered Dietitian for Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens, NY. The Registered Dietitian will provide specialized medical nutrition therapy to patients with conditions relating to primary adult care, obesity, bariatric surgery, pediatrics, and chronic disease management. This position will work Monday-Friday (business hours) at the Jamaica Hospital Ambulatory Care Center, which is one of many community-based outpatient clinics.
The successful candidate will:
- Educate and counsel patients on a variety of nutrition conditions (in person & via telehealth);
- Practice the Nutrition Care Process with proficiency in ADIME charting and demonstrate competency in the Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment to address underlying malnutrition;
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to recommend, implement, and monitor nutrition interventions with overall improvement in clinical outcomes;
- Be involved in local wellness initiatives (ie. Attend events & present on nutrition topics);
- Participate in quality improvement projects within the department;
- Acts as a mentor to students and new dietitians.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 1 year of experience. CDN licensure required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and interdisciplinary team members at all levels;
- Have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
- Have a history of working independently with little direction and with a positive outlook;
- Excellent multitasking skills and work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field.
Learn more about Jamaica Hospital Medical Center at http://www.jamaicahospital.org/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..