Build a Better Future through Facilities/Engineering innovation!
Sodexo is seeking a Director - Facilities Operations for a Research and Development (R&D) Laboratory Company located in Boston, MA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Job Essential Functions:
- Manage the utilities hard and soft services contract for leading life sciences companies.
- Develop key client relationships and mutually develop and lead a high-performance team delivering world class hard facilities services.
- Responsible for commercial and technical management of the contract of assigned site.
- Responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organization.
- Focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
- Direct supervision and coordination of assigned personnel.
- 10+ years’ experience on direct exposure managing plant utilities/facilities operations.
- 8+ years hands on experience as Utilities/Facilities Maintenance with full responsibility for business operations (planning, budget administration, contracting and cost saving initiatives)
- This role requires a skilled senior manager with pharma engineering experience, compliance and safety focused.
- Strong operational experience and experience of dealing in a challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Science or related fields preferred
Specific Duties, Activities & Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all administered situations HR, Finance & Procurement.
- Performs all functions listed below with minimum or no supervision.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises including procurement, budget administration and contract management.
- Manages the employee’s Time Keeping equipment/software function process.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
- Provide technical support and advice to assure that operational activities are performed in compliance with corporate/government policies and regulations in a cost-effective way and within the timelines established by the customer.
- Exhibit a customer-oriented behavior, by clearly understanding customers’ needs and expectations, and anticipating possible barriers or obstacles that may impact the project(s) adversely and communicating these on a timely manner.
- Manage technical issues/problems appropriately and efficiently.
- Guarantee top quality of services provided to client by reviewing work performed, documentation submitted, get hold of client feedback and monitoring project status vs. client requirements.
- Issue Performance Review Report to employees under his/her supervision and monitor the process below direct report.
- Create/develop customer relations and new business opportunities.
- Promote excellent relationship with Mentor clients, encouraging an open dialog and trustful communication between both parties demonstrating a professional conduct always and proudly represent Mentor at all levels and places.
- Alerts management when problems are identified and make recommendations for improvements.
- Must be a team player committed to developing and working in a quality environment.
- Complies with MENTOR’s administrative requirements timely and consistently in areas such as: weekly reports, updating of CV’s, yearly updates of medical/training records, attendance to work, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by manager, upper management or by the client.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.