Supervisor, First & Second Shift
Willman Industries, a general jobbing grey and ductile iron foundry, is seeking an experienced foundry Supervisor for the First & Second Shift in the Melt and Pouring Department.
This is a working supervisor position. The Melt Supervisor will be on the floor for the entirety of the shift with limited supervision and therefore must have strong problem solving abilities. Melt Supervisor reports directly to Plant Manager.
- Foundry experience is a must.
- See below for full list of duties and requirements.
- We offer an excellent wage and benefit package.
If interested, click apply to submit your resume today! Or, you can send to:
- Attn: Christi Reimer Human Resources
- Willman Industries, Inc.
- 338 S. Main Street,
- Cedar Grove, WI 53013
- Fax: 920-668-8998
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must treat safety as 1st priority in all aspects
- Read Travelers and production schedules to create melt schedule
- Oversee furnace and ladle lining and maintenance procedures
- Sampling of metal with spoon to pour chemistry and microstructure samples
- Calculating alloy additions required to ensure castings meet specifications
- Work with furnace tender to provide appropriate tap temperature, weights, and chemistries for each heat
- Maintain inventory and order any production supplies (i.e. furnace supplies, ladle supplies, alloys, thermocouples)
- Maintain neat and orderly work stations
- Report equipment malfunction to maintenance
- Forward thinking and planning to determine most efficient and practical way to distribute iron in order to meet production goals
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift
- Required PPE to protect from heat and splashes of hot metal
- Strong basic math capabilities
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Comply with all safety, quality and operating rules and procedures
- Strong understanding of ferrous alloys preferred
- Strong understanding of coreless induction furnaces preferred
- Team oriented
- High school diploma/GED
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience as supervisor in similar role. Less than 3 years of experience will be considered with on the job training.
- Able to work swing hours as needed, including weekends and holidays to support production needs.