DeltaV is currently looking for adult career changers to complete a 5-week Help Desk full-time training program. Upon successful completion, participant resumes will be sent to local employers who are hiring to fill Help Desk positions. Applicants are encouraged to be eager learners and interested in computer hardware and software.
At the end of the course, students will be ready for a career as a Help Desk Analyst, a highly sought after field in the Iowa Corridor. Full tuition awards are available for applicants whose jobs were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants will learn practical help desk operations such as operating systems fundamentals, software application installation, computer hardware components, and interaction, computer hardware interfaces, and virtual machine operations.
Salaries in Iowa range from $31k - $55k per year
Competencies successful participants will gain include, but are not limited to:
- Have confidence in performing basic computer technical operations within an operating system
- Get introduced to IT operations concepts like provisioning, virtualization, working with hardware interfaces, and more
- Develop proficiency in installing new software and peripherals
- Have a wider network of new and experienced information systems professionals, and prepare your resume for all the awesome new skills you are about to learn
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Assess user needs and recommend solutions
- Resolve technical issues in various virtual and cloud environments
- Contribute to and using a shared knowledge repository
- Respond to, log, track, and resolve support cases in an issue tracking system
- Apply a standardized troubleshooting methodology
- Utilize imaging, backup and recovery tools
- Deploy and supporting Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux operating systems
- Use Microsoft 365 and Exchange
- Install, update, and remove software applications
- Study and apply ITIL best practices to service delivery
- Monitor and tune endpoint performance
- Perform IT asset management in a systematic fashion
- Incorporate infrastructure connectivity concepts such as network protocols, Wi-Fi, Voice-over-IP (VoIP) telephony
- Troubleshoot endpoint network connectivity issues
- Be prepared for an Ops 301 course.
DeltaV does not require applicants to have prior experience running or maintaining computer systems. Applicants are expected only to be eager and prepared to learn.